Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids Treatment
Hemorrhoids occur when veins found in the anus and rectum become inflamed and swollen. Pain and itching are two of the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids. Many people also have trouble passing a bowel movement if they have a hemorrhoid. It is estimated that about 75% of the population will experience at least one hemorrhoid sometime during their life.
Hemorrhoids can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Most go away on their own but until they do can cause a lot of pain and discomfort for the sufferer. There are many at home treatments that can help provide relief at this time.
· Aloe Vera: used for its anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera gel works quickly to stop hemorrhoids from occurring, although it may not relieve a lot of pain immediately. It is all natural and soothing to an otherwise uncomfortable area.
· Epsom Salt bath: An Epsom salt bath is another excellent remedy for hemorrhoid relief. It works fast and the salt is so cheap. Soak in bath water filled with Epsom bath salt for about 20-minutes for relief.
· Ointments: Over-the-counter hemorrhoid ointments can be found online and at drugstores in your local area. They work to provide relief for the discomfort associated with hemorrhoids.
· Stool Softeners: For many people, the best hemorrhoid relief comes with stool softeners that make it easier to pass a stool. So often, it is straining to have a bowel movement that is responsible for a hemorrhoid.
· Medicated Wipes: Medicated wipes work much like ointments only in an easier to apply fashion. They provide wonderful softness in an area that is inflamed and sore.
When these remedies do not offer any help or if the hemorrhoid does not go away on its own, schedule an appointment with your doctor who can discuss additional mt pleasant hemorrhoid removal options with you.